Eglise du Sacré-Coeur

Eglise du Sacré-Coeur

Non listed, Church, Historical sites and monuments at Douarnenez

  • The parish of Douarnenez was created in 1875. This neo-Gothic style chapel, from the architect Joseph Bigot, was build in 1877, but the spire will be achieved much later in 1939.
    This chapel has beautiful series of stained glass, and 109 coloured panels.
    Furniture: Mainly from the end of the 19th century. This chapel has beautiful series of stained glass, and 109 coloured panels. We can find some theme from the Bible, but also some from the History of Brittany such as the mention of the Sainte Anne‘s life, venerated in Sainte-Anne-La-Palud, and Dom Michel Le Nobletz.
    Most of the work comes from L. Lobin’s workshop and his successor and was realised in 1881,1889, and 1896.
    The north part of the transept represents the History of Brittany, and the south part the History of France.

  • The parish of Douarnenez was created in 1875. This neo-Gothic style chapel, from the architect Joseph Bigot, was build in 1877, but the spire will be achieved much later in 1939.
    This chapel has beautiful series of stained glass, and 109 coloured panels.
    Furniture: Mainly from the end of the 19th century. This chapel has beautiful series of stained glass, and 109 coloured panels. We can find some theme from the Bible, but also some from the History of Brittany such as the mention of the...
    The parish of Douarnenez was created in 1875. This neo-Gothic style chapel, from the architect Joseph Bigot, was build in 1877, but the spire will be achieved much later in 1939.
    This chapel has beautiful series of stained glass, and 109 coloured panels.
    Furniture: Mainly from the end of the 19th century. This chapel has beautiful series of stained glass, and 109 coloured panels. We can find some theme from the Bible, but also some from the History of Brittany such as the mention of the Sainte Anne‘s life, venerated in Sainte-Anne-La-Palud, and Dom Michel Le Nobletz.
    Most of the work comes from L. Lobin’s workshop and his successor and was realised in 1881,1889, and 1896.
    The north part of the transept represents the History of Brittany, and the south part the History of France.